Within the Askis World Primer you’ll find:
- history about the decopunk utopia’s rise
- rules for particularly good characters (innate harmonies for 5E) and the despicably evil (inherent heresies, Sanctity, Sin, and vilis points in both 5E and SotDL)
- details for each of the world’s three continents and dozens of cities therein
- more saints than you could ever possibly need
- the equipment chapter (covering mundane items, drugs, augmetics, inaequa technology, and vehicles for 5E)
- a character sheet (5E)
NOTE: This book is an ideal supplement to the Book of True Evil, but the rules and lore in this book already are included in the massive Book of Exalted Darkness. If you already have the Book of Exalted Darkness, the Askis World Primer is designed to share with your players so they can have the rules and common knowledge of the campaign world they need, while keeping all the secret GM stuff for you!
The demigod Celestial Heroes have conquered the world and raised civilization to precipitous heights but only YOU can save it from destruction!
On the eve of evil’s twilight as malevolence nearly became undone on the decopunk utopia of Askis the terrible machinations of rogue mad scientists instilled a vein of corruption throughout the populace. Though they are few these malcontents are irreprensibly vile and in tandem with the foul minds that touched their nascent souls with evil, the world once more needs heroes.
You are one such hero!
What’s in the Book of Celestial Heroes?
- The goody-two shoes twin of the Book of Exalted Darkness
- Two new classes–the Exemplar (a hero all about glory) and the revised Feywalker (when flight and fancy are more important)–along with holy archetypes for every class
- Holy spells
- Holy rituals
- Holy feats
- Heck, there’s even a holy hand grenade (which explodes on the count of 3–not 5, but 3)
- The decopunk utopia world and Spheres of Askis, great works the PCs must bolster to save civilization from destruction
- Tailored magic items that become more powerful as an adventurer gains prowess
- Equipment and inaequa-technology that run the gamut from flashlights to jetpacks and locomotives (along with vehicular combat rules)
- All the poisons plus a few new ones, diseases galore, and extra madness and insanities
- Six powerful mad scientist villains each with their own lackeys and lairs joining more than 50 NPCs and monsters
- Searching the River Styx, a scaling adventure for PCs of 3rd-16th level and just the right thing when the group goes down from an evil TPK!
Rise to the challenge of true goodness and mercy in this 286-page blessed book for 5th Edition today and Make Your Game Legendary!
Good-aligned creatures are vastly outnumbered in roleplaying games, for the obvious reason that most of the time the characters are the heroes of the stories and they are unlikely to fight the powers of good. However, in a mythic world of mythic threats from the forces of darkness, there is a need for a mythic response, and here you will find it: the Guardians of Good! These mighty monsters stand just a little lower than the angels in purity of heart, but are second to none in strength of spirit as unconquerable bastions against evil. Here you will find the mighty metallic dragons, from the young brass to adult copper, giant adult bronze and ancient silver, all the way up to the great wyrm gold dragon. Beyond such winged wonders are the feathered serpents of the jungle, the couatl, along side the shedu, tauric guardians of the deep desert and the lammasu, the winged lions of heaven. Friendly but fierce blink dogs and luck-bearing ceru are also found within, alongside seagoing tritons and the secretive yet stalwart swan maiden. As if a dozen and one goodly guardians from CR 3 to 28 were not enough, we bring you the wise and noble chiron, immortal centaur mentor to aspiring heroes and trainer in the arts of the mind and heart as well as with bow and blade. Beyond these beatific beasts, we also bring you eight brand-new feats, including both non-mythic and mythic versions, to represent the mysteries of devotion to the cause of weal and righteousness that will help your heroes carry the day against any enemy.
The Mythic Monsters series from Legendary Games brings you dynamic and exciting mechanics alongside evocative and cinematic new abilities that really help creatures live up to their flavor text, whether they are creatures of real-world myth and legend or creatures born out of the RPG tradition itself. These creatures can work just as well in a non-mythic campaign as they do in one that incorporates the full mythic rules, as you can throw them at your jaded players who think they’ve seen it all or know the standard monster stats as well as you do. That look of surprise and “What was THAT?” will warm any GM’s heart.
For the Greatest Good!
Mythic Monsters: Heavenly Host brings you a dozen and one celestial servants that bring down their beatific best from the realms empyreal and eternal, bringing justice like a flaming sword and righteousness like a mighty flowing river. These champions of all that is good and pure are a match and more for all the legions of the nether reaches of the planes, smiting demons, daemons, devils, and all their ilk with alacrity and elan, or living among mortals as watchful wardens ever ready to spring to the aid of the innocent. From CR 3 to 28, you’ll find agathions and angels that wander the material world granting succor and companionship like the cassisian angel and the silvanshee and vulpinal agathions. You’ll find celestial sentinels that guard the natural world and those that dwell therein like the avoral and cetaceal and the monadic and movanic devas, and wise counselors who look deeply into the hearts of mortals to lead them towards greater wisdom themselves, like the astral deva and the draconal, or bringing messages directly from the powers of good, like the planetars. Finally, you have the crusading swords of judgment, who destroy the wicked wherever they are found, like the proud leonals and the mighty solars. As if a dozen existing monsters were not enough, the rhampholeal agathion are clever spies for the followers of the light, infiltrating and uncovering corrupt cabals and bringing them down from within. For mortals wishing to follow the path of purity, we also introduce a system of sacred feats, which a hero cannot simply gain but must be earned by dedication and devotion to holy vows in service of the better angels of her nature.
The Mythic Monsters series from Legendary Games sets aside the rich story and background that is our trademark, because it is focused on absolute crunch, and there it absolutely lives up our highest standards of innovative layout, beautiful aesthetics, and excellence in design that is second to none. We hope you enjoy using it as much as we enjoyed making it. Pick up this 32-page monster supplement by Jason Nelson, Jonathan H. Keith, and Sean K Reynolds today and Make Your Game Legendary!