HYPERCORPS 2099: Specimens in Centralia
The Ms. Grey that hired you for this job didn't give a lot of details, but the place you're headed to has been off the proverbial map for over a century now, a patch of forsaken wilderness called Centralia. Reading over the details of what you're after again, you hear something distinctly unnatural from outside the vehicle—the sound of throttling motorcycles and a few whooping hollers. Looking out the window nearly gets your head blown off as a mutant freak on a low-rider blasts at the van with a beat up revolver, dropping back so another biker can take a clean shot just as your driver starts to weave on the road!
Specimens in Centralia is a Pathfinder Roleplaying Game compatible adventure in the world of Hypercorps 2099. The module begins with the operators (the PCs) en route to Centralia's coal mines, the sight of a fire raging since 1962. Within is their quarry, but how they take it down and bring it back to Pittsburgh plays a large role with how much they'll get paid!
While this 26-page adventure is ideal for a party of four operators of 3rd-4th level (hyper score 3), it is also suitable for regular PCs of 7th-8th level.
Inside Specimens in Centralia you'll find:
- Cover artwork by Sara Shijo, including a full-color display on the interior!
- Scene illustration and character illustrations by Rollin Kunz!
- Character artwork from Hypercorps 2099 by professional illustrator Nathanael Batchelor!
- A new piece of cybertechnology for adventurous operators: hydraulic springheels!
- Statistics for an armored van, a motorcycle, and the party's driver!
- Four hyper monsters: the Giganot biker, Giganot tough, Skryrgrard the hyper-drake, and a lethal Ms. Grey!
- Two maps (Badlands Roadway and Mines of Centralia), including both GM and Player versions!
- Four pre-generated PCs made using the Hyper Score system: Cripple Beast, Improv, Nightmare Fist, and Warp!
- A brief primer on the Hyper Score rules for players new to Hypercorps 2099!