I've been designing books for D&D 5E since the release of the Fifth Edition System Reference Document (you can check them out here) and the urge for even bigger stories finally reared a couple years ago. Since then I've been playtesting epic games with berserkers able to fell fortresses with one momentous blow, druids transforming into the land itself, and wizards reworking magic in the most wondrous ways! Now I've got a 128 page sourcebook that provides everything you'll need to go beyond the core ruleset—or to fill up the GM's toolbox with a host of new epic creatures if you're already there.
- Epic rules for every character class—attack with devastating swiftness, transform into the land itself, see magic in all its intricate glory, and much more
- 18 Epic Feats to choose from to customize your legendary adventurer. Transform one of your favorite magic items into a sentient creature, become resistant to types of damage, emulate the legendary resistance of monsters.
- 10 Epic Hazards including antimagic clouds, wild magic zones, planar bleeds, and other environmental anomalies to keep battles exciting as the threat of foes increases.
- Over 50 monsters ranging from all-powerful gods of magic to the Four Harbingers of the Final Judgment, assassins from the future, and elementals formed from lava.
Epic Archetype Support
Among the more painful decisions when making this book was how to approach archetypes for epic play. One thing that makes legendary adventurers so deft is that you gain *more* than one archetype for your class—your assassin can also become an arcane trickster, or your evoker can learn to master divination! But what of making archetypes themselves epic? At 25th and 30th level legendary adventurers acquire additional prestige, and at the GM's discretion they can also (or alternatively) acquire epic features for every archetype from the 5E ruleset. These epic archetype features are not included in the core rulebook because this isn't intended to be a lengthy tome but all 19,000 words of them are available for free at www.epic5e.com!
- Check out what GeekNative had to say about Legendary Adventures [https://www.geeknative.com/129757/need-or-want-a-review-of-legendary-adventures-epic-5e/]
- An interview on the Pod of Blunders podcast [https://podofblunders.com/2021/03/22/hearthside-chat-with-legendary-adventures-epic-play-for-5th-edition-author-mike-myler/]
- Preview article (and forum thread!) on EN World [https://www.enworld.org/threads/legendary-adventures-epic-5e-kickstarter.679038/]
- Interview over at d20 Radio [http://www.d20radio.com/main/legendary-adventures-an-interview-with-mike-myler-legendary-games/]
More Legendary Adventures
Keep an eye out for the Epic Depths, Heart of War, Forgotten Crowns, and Dismantling Cities epic books in the near future!