The legions of the Ultari Hegemony have been turned back once again, their parade of victories turned to rout, but even now their rulers plot revenge from their long-hidden sanctuary in the deeps of space. Their ruin never will be complete unless their stronghold is overthrown, and the heroes must pursue their fleeing leaders beyond the boundaries of known space and through an endless nebula where dead gods drift and living entropy reigns through a rip in the fabric of reality to find a vast realm left behind by an elder race, where magic, mighty machines, and the power of the mind rule all. Here a corrupted sun is caught in the grip of an impossibly vast sphere spanning hundreds of millions of miles, joined by an intricate network and dominated by the collective psychic power of countless minds. Breaching this shell, the heroes face technological terrors and wonders in equal measure, guarded by the souls of the damned and the scions of the sun, and infiltrating a thought-controlled bureaucracy to find long-lost friends, unlikely allies, and an end to immortality itself. To shatter the power of the Hegemony and bring peace to the galaxy, they must shatter the chains of destiny and unleash a power beyond imagining To Kill a Star!
To Kill a Star is an adventure for 19th to 20th-level characters using the Starfinder Roleplaying Game. This is the double-sized final chapter in the amazing Legendary Planet Adventure Path, a spectacular sword-and-planet saga from Legendary Games blending sci-fi and fantasy, magic and machines with an exciting pulp sensibility and style. To Kill a Star includes not only a massive interstellar adventure but also brand-new monsters, magic, and technology, including rules for explosives and heavy weapons, a full gazetteer of a star-spanning Dyson sphere and its inhabitants, and an ongoing fiction series. Here you will find amazing adventures that span the stars and plunder the planets in a campaign that takes your heroes to 20th level and beyond! Grab this exotic epic today and Make Your Game Legendary!
This 148-page PDF or 146-page print volume contains the following:
• “To Kill a Star,” a Starfinder Roleplaying Game adventure for 19th to 20th-level characters by Jason Nelson and Steven T. Helt.
• A “Planetary Bestiary” by Mike Welham and Steven T. Helt, featuring 12 new monsters: the void-blasted locusdaemon, the gleaming diamantem, the psychic erebus, the deadly griever cyborb and annihilator and myrmidon robots, the kaulvrex hive, the savage pelkrev, the ghostly yllosan, and spacefaring amorphs like the living nebula, star blight, and supermassive singularity!
• New technological and magical items like the klaven spacesuit and black ray pistol!
• A detailed gazetteer of the massive Dyson sphere that encompasses the entire star.
• Expanded rules for adventuring in the void, including dealing with gravity, radiation, vacuum, zero-gravity maneuvering, and more!