HYPERCORPS 2099: Thrillville or Killville?
Loading your consciousness onto your digiboard's server brings the same rush of exhilaration it always does but while there's plenty to do here, an urgent message in your inbox catches your attention. Swiping towards it and floating through the digital aether, you read about an enticing job right here on the Hypernet—details are vague but the rest of your team is on board, the pay is good, and your power is going to get shut off soon if you don't pay the electricity bill. You've never been to Thrillville but hey, if you can get paid to go to an amusement park, why not?
Thrillville or Killville? is a Pathfinder Roleplaying Game compatible adventure in the world of Hypercorps 2099. The module begins with the operators in the medieval MMORPG of Veranthea Codex: Life & Death where they meet their Mr. Grey, a "level 34 gnome bard" with details on why Digilife© is hiring operators to deal with the problems on the server that hosts their amusement park. The PCs will travel across the Hypernet, break into Thrillville, and ultimately put an end to what troubles the world's most popular digital tourist destination, but at what cost?
While this 26-page adventure is ideal for a party of four operators of 3rd-4th level (hyper score 3), it is also suitable for regular PCs of 7th-8th level (though GM's should take careful notice of the planar traits that make the Hypernet what it is).
Inside Thrillville or Killville? you'll find:
- Cover artwork by Sara Shijo, including a full-color display on the interior!
- Scene illustration and character illustrations by Rollin Kunz!
- Root code packets and deep-rooted protocols, software ideal for combat on the Hypernet!
- Three new adversaries: an unbound proxy, arcade console, and the Thrillvirus!
- Two maps (Thrillville Park Grounds and Thrillville Arcade) by cartographer Justin Andrew Mason!
- Four pre-generated PCs made using the Hyper Score system: The Grayman, Technomage, Oldhat EZ, and Spaz the Freehacker!
- A brief primer on the Hyper Score rules for players new to Hypercorps 2099!
Note: Thrillville or Killville? occurs on the Hypernet and GMs are encouraged to download the free Hypercorps 2099: Hypernet PDF to familiarize themselves with the digital landscape.