Note: This product is a part of the Gothic Campaign Compendium along with several others.
The fourth in our line of Gothic Grimoires, Spellbones of the Devourer explores the ancient cultic rites dating back into prehistory of those who have preyed upon their own kin in appeasement of grotesque and hungry primitive deities. These cannibal cults linger still at the shadowy fringes of society, keeping the old ways alive in heretical defiance of the so-called civilized religions of modernity. They remember the ancient hunger, and they crave only flesh.
Spellbones of the Devourer is an ideal complement to a Gothic Adventure Path or any game where characters wander across lonely places where a peaceful exterior hides a terrible and fundamental wrongness that threatens to devour them literally as well as figuratively. Inscribed by a deranged academic upon her own living skull, these scrivenings include 2 new feats like Eaters of the Dead, 6 new spells from devouring maw to ghoulish devolution, and an elaborate new monster template formed when a living mind tastes a bit too much of the flesh of its own kind: the thoul (or mythos ghoul).
Designed by Jason Nelson with the Legendary Games design team of Neil Spicer, Greg A. Vaughan, Clinton J. Boomer, Matt Goodall, Jim Groves, Tim Hitchcock, Russ Taylor, and Clark Peterson.
Check out this 8-page gothic-themed magical accessory and Make Your Game Legendary!
If this product strikes your fancy, consider perusing the entire line of Gothic Grimoires!
- The Necrotic Verses features a collection of terrifying masterpieces for bards
- On the Inverse Calculus of Unseen Refraction takes the simple concept of invisibility to places you never imagined, ideal for alchemists
- The Sepulchral Swaths of Tanoth-Gha reveals the secrets of the primordial Elder Things and their fossilized followers
- Spellbones of the Devourer delves into the unhinged cannibal cults that lurk at the farthest fringes of civilization, or right at its rotten heart
- To Serve a Prince Undying is a guidebook for tyrants of every stripe, teaching the ways of pain and domination, a must for cold-hearted inquisitors and antipaladins
- And last but not least, the product that started it all, Tomes of Arcane Knowledge, containing four corrupt codices of ancient magical secrets
If you love one, we think you'll love them all! May your players tremble in fear at the darkling secrets you prepare to unfold before them!