Note: This product is a part of the Gothic Campaign Compendium along with several others.
The first in our new line of Gothic Grimoires, The Necrotic Verses presents a study in artistic horror delving into the dark side of magical music, betwixt the macabre and madness. Penned by an impresario whose creative curiosity became his undoing, The Necrotic Verses is an ideal complement to a Gothic Adventure Path or any game where the tragedy of flawed genius and the corruption of artistic creation drives men and women to ruin.
Featuring a detailed history and description, The Necrotic Verses breaks open heretofore unknowable secrets to the bardic oeuvre, including 9 new bardic masterpieces from the Dance of the Empty Moons to the Opus of the Golden King, each more disturbing than the last.
Designed by Jason Nelson and Clark Peterson with the Legendary Games design team of Neil Spicer, Greg A. Vaughan, Clinton J. Boomer, Matt Goodall, Jim Groves, and Russ Taylor. Who better to provide you with alternate magical books, spells, and rules for your Adventure Path campaign than the very writers of those adventures themselves? Answer: no one. Legendary Games' Adventure Path Plug-Ins supplement and enrich your campaign experience, offering adventures and supporting products that incorporate and expanding upon unique concepts, themes, and rules subsystems introduced in the Adventure Paths while filling in the background characters, items, and locations that make those adventures come alive in delightful (and often dangerous) detail. Legendary Games combines stellar writing talent with innovative layout and product design and top-notch artistic values that we think will bring you back again and again.
Download includes TWO files: a full color version AND a stripped black and white version for easy printing, both versions hyperlinked internally and to online Pathfinder resources for easy interactive reference.
Check out this 8-page gothic-themed magical accessory and Make Your Game Legendary!
If this product strikes your fancy, consider perusing the entire line of Gothic Grimoires!
- The Necrotic Verses features a collection of terrifying masterpieces for bards
- On the Inverse Calculus of Unseen Refraction takes the simple concept of invisibility to places you never imagined, ideal for alchemists
- The Sepulchral Swaths of Tanoth-Gha reveals the secrets of the primordial Elder Things and their fossilized followers
- Spellbones of the Devourer delves into the unhinged cannibal cults that lurk at the farthest fringes of civilization, or right at its rotten heart
- To Serve a Prince Undying is a guidebook for tyrants of every stripe, teaching the ways of pain and domination, a must for cold-hearted inquisitors and antipaladins
- And last but not least, the product that started it all, Tomes of Arcane Knowledge, containing four corrupt codices of ancient magical secrets
If you love one, we think you'll love them all! May your players tremble in fear at the darkling secrets you prepare to unfold before them!