Note: This product is a part of the Gothic Campaign Compendium along with several others.
The second in our new line of Gothic Grimoires, On the Inverse Calculus of Unseen Refraction takes up the study of the dark side of invisibility. The power to walk unseen is hardly evil in itself, but what unraveling of the mind might occur as it struggles to reconcile the sense that you're not all there. Indeed, what might you do if you didn't have to look yourself in the mirror afterwards? This arcane text delves into invisibility as art and science, illusion and reality.
On the Inverse Calculus of Unseen Refraction is an ideal complement to a Gothic Adventure Path or any game where alchemy, magic, and mad science intersect. Featuring a detailed history and description, this tome uncovers new frontiers for alchemical and optical experimentation and creation, including 6 new alchemical discoveries, a new metamagic feat, and 8 new spells and alchemical formulae, ranging from the Transparency Mutagen to vitrific visibility.
Designed by Jason Nelson with the Legendary Games design team of Neil Spicer, Greg A. Vaughan, Clinton J. Boomer, Matt Goodall, Jim Groves, Russ Taylor, and Clark Peterson.
Download includes TWO files: a full color version AND a stripped black and white version for easy printing, both versions hyperlinked internally and to online Pathfinder resources for easy interactive reference.
Check out this 8-page gothic-themed magical accessory and Make Your Game Legendary!
If this product strikes your fancy, consider perusing the entire line of Gothic Grimoires!
- The Necrotic Verses features a collection of terrifying masterpieces for bards
- On the Inverse Calculus of Unseen Refraction takes the simple concept of invisibility to places you never imagined, ideal for alchemists
- The Sepulchral Swaths of Tanoth-Gha reveals the secrets of the primordial Elder Things and their fossilized followers
- Spellbones of the Devourer delves into the unhinged cannibal cults that lurk at the farthest fringes of civilization, or right at its rotten heart
- To Serve a Prince Undying is a guidebook for tyrants of every stripe, teaching the ways of pain and domination, a must for cold-hearted inquisitors and antipaladins
- And last but not least, the product that started it all, Tomes of Arcane Knowledge, containing four corrupt codices of ancient magical secrets
If you love one, we think you'll love them all! May your players tremble in fear at the darkling secrets you prepare to unfold before them!